Home > News & Events
News & Events
In addition to EEWC-CFT national conferences every two years, our organization has local chapters that meet on a regular basis. EEWC-CFT members and chapters in neighboring states sometimes join together to present regional events as well.
EEWC-CFT Council member Shawna R. B. Atteberry will be talking about and signing her new book, What You Didn’t Learn in Sunday School: Women Who Didn’t Shut Up and Sit Down, on on May 26 at Grace Episcopal Church, 637 S. Dearborn in Chicago, Illinois from 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Come at 10:00 am and catch the service.
The Midwest EEWC-CFT Regional Retreat will be held at the Lindenwood Retreat Center in Donaldson, Indiana on September 28 and 29, 2013. Lindenwood is a beautiful retreat center run by the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ. The rooms are nice, the food is good, the grounds are quite lovely, and it’s affordable.
Guests will arrive Saturday morning for a day of fun and fellowship. The program runs through Sunday morning worship.
All EEWC-CFT members are invited, but especially Midwest Region members. If you would like additional details please contact the EEWC-CFT office.
Past EEWC-CFT regional events have included:
• The Southern California Chapter hosted “The Bible and the Border” event on April 20, 2013.
• EEWC-CFT’s Indiana chapter met on March 23 and shared in an afternoon of friends and fellowship.
• EEWC-CFT’s Southern California chapter held an Epiphany party on Sunday, January 6, 2013.
• The Southern California chapter of EEWC-CFT met to discuss The First Paul: Reclaiming the Radical Visionary Behind the Church’s Conservative Icon by Marcus Borg and John Dominic Crossan. After the meeting—and the Chinese Chicken Salad—people stayed to watch the 65-minute video “Pink Smoke Over the Vatican.”
• The Indiana Chapter met for lunch and then attended a Theatre Non Nobis performance of the collaborate piece, “G-D” at Theatre on the Square. The play was a part of the 2012 Indy Fringe Festival.
• The Indiana Chapter’s 2012 Spring Retreat was held at a beautiful facility just west of Indianapolis, The Retreat Campus. Of course there was food, fun and fellowship! The focus topic was an exploration of the feminine Divine.
• The two-day Midwest EEWC-CFT Fall Retreat was October 15, 2011 at the Lindenwood Retreat and Conference Center in Donaldson, Indiana.
• The Chicago chapter’s interfaith feminist learning retreat, Enlarging our Horizons, Embracing our Sisters: Conversations among the Daughters of Abraham (March of 2011).